You can consume kollu in the form of porridge, soup, steamed gram or sprouts. Since horse gram is known to increase body heat, do not consume them on an empty stomach. When consuming horse gram few days a week, ensure you drink plenty of water as well.
Horse Gram Dhal(Kollu)
- Horse gram or Kollu (in Tamil) from YSA Market is high in nutrition.
- It cures diarrhoea, haemorrhage, and haemorrhoids (piles).
- Horse gram juice helps in weight loss.
- Its anti-hyperglycemic properties helps in management of diabetes and over a period, to gradually reduce sugar levels.
- YSA Horse gram is tested by Oorjv and certified for it purity and nutrition.