Karuppu Kavuni is one of the traditional rice varieties that provide multiple health benefits
• This rice variety is anti-oxidant rich, which reduces oxidative stress and improves the functioning of the organs
• Protects and improves the functioning of the brain and heart
• The ancient rice variety is rich in fiber, which is essential for digestion and gut health
• Consuming this rice can prevent and reduce constipation. It also helps in smooth bowel movements
• Strengthens nervous system and improves muscle strength
• This rice can be consumed by everyone including children
• It is one of the ideal rice varieties that is suitable for consumption by people who suffer from diabetes
• This Karuppu kavuni rice is sourced from farmers who follow traditional farming methodologies, without using chemical-based fertilizers and pesticides
• The quality of the rice has been verified using scientific tools by OORJ
How to cook
• Clean the desired amount of rice and soak it overnight or for eight hours
• The rice can be cooked by boiling the soaked rice in the same water that it was soaked in.
• Can gain maximum benefits when it is cooked or boiled in an open pot rather than pressure cooked
• Even the left-over cooked rice can be soaked in water and consumed in the form of porridge with little curd/yogurt for additional cooling down properties. Pinch of salt can be added for taste.
1. Is Karuppu kavuni rice nutrient rich?
Yes, the contains high amounts of antioxidants, fiber, and 18 different amino acids that help in improving general health effectively.
2. Can I eat black or karuppu kavuni rice daily?
Yes, there is no harm in eating the rice daily. It can provide multiple health benefits like improved vision, good heart health, better hair growth, and improved functioning organs.
3. Can people who suffer from kidney and liver issues consume black rice?
Consuming black rice or karuppu kavuni can benefit the health of the liver and kidney. In fact, it protects and prevents any damage to the internal organs.
4. Why is Karuppu kavuni expensive than other ancient rice varieties?
This rice variety is difficult to grow and does not yield as much as the regular rice varieties. Only 10% is yielded in a harvest when compared to other rice varieties. This is the reason behind the cost of the nutritious karuppu kavuni.
Rated 5.00 out of 5