Nattu Sakkarai Benefits
- Our Nattu Sakkari is manufactured without the addition of molasses to retain the color as in the case of Brown Sugar. The molasses are retained and not removed, and hence the brown color.
- The chemical-free process of manufacturing this country sugar ensures maximum retention of the natural nutrients of this product.
- Nattu Sakkarai can be substituted for white sugar in our food which provides enduring energy levels unlike the short burst of energy imparted by white sugar.
- When introduced into a regular diet, this natural organic sugar can resolve many respiratory tract problems and prevent chronic illnesses such as asthma or bronchitis.
- Country Sugar is also known to reduce menstrual cramps and relieve the body of mood swings during menstruation.
- A natural cleansing agent, Nattu Sakkarai detoxifies the body and flushes out toxins from the intestine, stomach, lungs, and respiratory tract. It also detoxifies the liver, abetting the reduction of liver-related ailments.
- Mixing Country Sugar in warm milk or tea helps in fighting the common cold and cough, by producing heat in the body.
- Our Country Sugar is rich in iron and Folate which ensures adequate levels of RBCs in the bloodstream thereby preventing Anemia.
- Watch this video to find more information about the various benefits of Country sugar
Delectable recipes using YSA Market Nattu Sakkarai
Chettinad Kavuni Arisi
- Soak Black Rice in water for 10-12 hours.
- Pressure cook the rice
- Add shredded coconut, YSA Market Country Sugar, and cardamom
- Simmer this mixture for 5-10 mins, switch off the stove and add A2 Cow ghee to it.
- Your Chettinad kavuni arisi is ready to eat.
Semiya Kesari with Nattu Sakkarai
- Roast 1 cup Semiya (Vermicelli) is one tsp of A2 cow ghee and set aside.
- Add the roasted Vermicelli to 1-1.5 cups of boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally until it turns soft.
- Add ¾ cup YSA Market Country Sugar and ground cardamom.
- Cook for about 5 mins till it turns thick and all the water has evaporated.
- Fry 10 cashews and raisins in ghee and pour it into the Kesari.
- Serve hot!
Brown Sugar is a healthy substitute for white sugar and is recommended by many dieticians to be used in desserts instead of white sugar. However, diabetics should consume a diet having a low glycemic index, and hence we advise diabetic patients to consume this product in moderation. We recommend you consult your doctor before making any changes in your diet plan.
Country Sugar has a longer shelf life if stored in an airtight container and a dry place. It will not expire for at least 6 months.
Having moderate amounts of this brown sugar provides essential minerals and iron that can be beneficial for both the baby and the mother. It maintains blood pressure, controls water retention, and prevents Anemia. However some women can develop gestational diabetes during pregnancy, so it is advisable to consult a doctor before you include it as part of your diet.