Chyawanprash is one of the popular products in Ayurveda, which has gained popularity among many. It is made by mixing multiple herbs and ingredients like Honey, Indian gooseberry and Ghee. It is a lehyam that helps to boost immunity and general wellness.
How is Chyawanprash made?
When Chyawanprash is made in a traditional way, it is prepared using more than 52 herbs. The best benefits can be gained when the herbs are cooked and mixed in the right proportion. When Chyawanprash is consumed on a regular basis, the following are the health benefits one can gain.
- Improves immunity. This lehyam contains many herbs that help to boost immunity naturally. Amla being the main ingredient, it contains high quantities of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a basic nutrition a body needs to fight viruses, bacteria and any infection.
- Improves digestion. Chyawanprash helps to regulate bowel movements and reduces gasWhen consumed on a regular basis, it also helps to reduce bloating and gas buildup in the abdomen. It promotes good metabolism and helps to regulate cholesterol levels.
- Slows down the ageing process. High amounts of anti-oxidants and stamina building properties of herbs in the lehyam, helps to promote good healthy body. It also slows down the ageing process and promotes good health of the internal organs. Regular consumption of Chyawanprash, promotes good skin and hair health also.
- Enhances energy levels. Ingredients in the lehyam makes the internal organs strong and helps to promote full efficiency. It also improves the muscle mass and boosts the energy levels. This helps one to gain an overall good health and reduces sluggishness.
- Improves cardiac health. When the cholesterol levels come down, the cardiac health improves in phenomenal levels. Chyawanprash is a rich source of Iron, calcium and fiber, apart from high quantity of Vitamin C. It also contains other necessary vitamins like Vitamin A and E.
- Rich in anti-oxidants. Rich anti-oxidants present in the lehyam, helps to flush out toxins and cleanses the internal organs effectively. By cleansing the organs, it helps to enhance the overall health.
- Reduces frequent illness. When the body immunity is naturally improved, the number of times a person falls sick comes down. Regular consumption of Chyawanprash can reduce the number of times a person falls sick because of cough, cold, fever, digestion issues and general drowsiness.
- Reduces blood pressure. Blood pressure fluctuations can be effectively regulated when the lehyam is consumed on a regular basis. Regulated blood pressure helps to maintain good cardiac health.
- Regulates cholesterol levels. The essential herbs in the lehyam, helps to reduce bad cholesterol from the internal organs and leads to high energy levels. When cholesterol is less, it helps to reduce sluggishness, improves cardiac health and an active lifestyle.
- Reduces respiratory related issues. Chyawanprash helps to cleanse the lungs and the respiratory system, which leads to reduced respiratory illness. Reduces the chances of catching cough and cold. It will also reduce the impact of symptoms in the flu season.
Chyawanprash is natural ayurvedic lehyam or jam, that helps you gain over all good health, body and mind.