Seeraga Samba Rice Health Benefits
- Contains high levels of selenium that prevent colon and intestinal issues
- Rich in fiber and antioxidants that eradicate free radicals in the body
- Abundant in phytonutrients that help in fighting breast cancer and strengthening the heart
- Reduces the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and increases high-density lipoprotein (HDL) in the body
- Click here to know more about Seeraga samba rice health benefits
Nutritional Value (Per 100gm)
- Calorie: 172 Kcal
Protein: 3 grams
Fiber: 2.4 grams
Carbohydrate: 38 grams
How is this traditional rice variety cultivated the organic way
YSA Market Seeraga Samba Rice is exclusively sourced from organic local farms and is scientifically tested by Oorjv. Being the best in quality, our Seeraga rice has distinct flavor absorbing properties and retains its succulent texture after cooking.
Watch this video to understand more about the various traditional rice varieties of India that were cultivated widely before the green revolution came into existence.
History and cultural importance of this indigenous rice variety
- Also known as the Jeerasal and Khaima Arisi due to their close resemblance to cumin seeds, this aromatic and tiny-grained rice is grown in selected villages of the Nagapattinam, Uppiliyapuram, and Thanjavur districts of Tamil Nadu.
- This flavorsome rice grain is popular for its use in the making of Tamil Nadu’s famous biriyani delicacies. Instead of the commonly used basmati rice, the local chefs have been using the Seeraga Samba to make the renowned Dindigul biryani and the Ambur Biryani since times unknown.
Considering the rice variety is high in fiber and low in carbohydrates, it is the perfect rice variety to consume daily to maintain high energy levels.
It is recommended to soak the rice 30 to 40 minutes prior to cooking as it prevents the rice from clumping. However, you also need to understand that excessive rinsing of the rice will wash away all the nutrients from it.
Yes. It is the same variety called in different names in different parts of India.
Daily consumption of Jeera samba rice has many health benefits as mentioned above. One of the biggest traits of Seeraga samba rice is that it is high in fiber and protein and low in Carb when compared to the regular rice varieties. This makes it a wonderful alternative if you are looking for some weight loss.